Sunday, February 20, 2011

So I was thinking....

So I was thinking (again) while I was cleaning at work while my manager and the manager-in-traning where in the back office closing out for the night and I was left to do the cleaning we had left to do on frontline  for the night (Didn't mind one bit b/c I like cleaning alone and it gives me a chance to think).    At the time alot was running through my head and I needed to sort it all out. 

I usually think about my brother more this time of year than usual; I think about him all the time just more in the spring because he drastically got worse in mid Feb.-May when he finally got to go see Jesus.    So I was thinking about that,crying and wiping down the Ice Cream machine.  Then I thought about all of the awesome people in Hospice, our friends  and every other organization that was there and helped us through it all and how I now get to do the same for someone else and their families.    It was humbling when I thought about what i get to see: Life come into this world, I see the trauma that effects it, I see life saving surgeries and Rehab. I also see patients when God calls them home.

I get to be in those patients and their family's lives for that time and learn about the whole care process of life and for that I am and will be forever grateful because they allowed ME this little nothing volunteer in to their lives to spend a little time with them and try to make a difference in their lives.  I was humbled by this and  I am still trying to wrap my head around it (as you can tell).

Before this moment I kind of had an attitude when people where stupid at work (the customers being rude,didn't know what they want in the DT holding up my line making it more difficult to move fast and serve more people and make our Hour $$$ good)  and kind of having an attitude period.  I think this was God giving me a "Hey Stupid! Get you head out of your ass and get rid of the tude."  Since then, I have tried to a good attitude toward everyone even though it has been really hard.

Here is a Music Video From Addison Road One of my Favorite Artists:







Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before they are posted. Please allow up to 72 hours before your comments are posted.