On my adventures through the 19 Room & 2 Trauma Bay ED I got to experience:
- Triage and the stuff that goes with it.
- My First FULL BLOWN compound fracture (Yes the bone WAS sticking out of this poor kid's arm He was VERY BRAVE)
- My second Cardiopulmonary Arrest Almost dropped in the ambulance bay (Yes, I have kept count. Weird I know.)
- A gentleman who drove himself to the ER with a broken right ankle.
- Several bumps,headaches and a busted chin on a kiddo (3 years old and he was a TROOPER!)
- I got to see 3 Traumas roll in. ( a big car wreck and the heart attack victim mentioned above)
- I also got to see a criminal get arrested in the ED after he was treated. I should be use to it since my dad is a police officer but, I'm not lol! I was more curious what kind of trouble he was in by "stocking the room" but, I kept my big nose out of it.
Part of my duties is to go running out the door when a car pulls up and offer a wheel chair to the incoming
Victims (I mean) Patients. The kiddo with a compound fracture pulled up and omg I almost passed out. No amount of Civil Air Patrol Search and Rescue trauma training prepares you for that. (NONE)
All in all it was a pretty awesome day and I can't wait to go back!