Sunday, November 14, 2010

Something Spoke To Me

Yesterday I was at work on my break hiding in the back eating my food and reading
"Mile Marker 825" By Jason Mirikitani   one of the speakers that I saw at Faith Assent Base Camp... And  when I was reading the first chapter this Bible Verse jumped out at me and "Spoke" to me  and it really moved me. 
See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.  Revelation 3:8 NIV

Some of you may know that I have been trying to get hired on by some of the local hospitals (Including A&B)  I keep getting the thanks but, no thanks e-mails back from their HR departments.

This has pushed me towards going in to the Air Force Reserves as a CNA till I go to Nursing School and get my BSN. When I read that verse something in me  The Holy Spirit (I think) said   "JAKE! WAKE UP! This is the path I have chosen for you and this is the one I want you to take! Don't doubt me! Just lean on me and I will take care of you and your worries about the ACT, the ASVAB and College."

So I think after reading that and praying about it; I now understand that the AF reserves is the path God wants me to take. I mean there are no con's (except for boot camp) and there are all pro's for me  such as having school payed for!

So, I just thought that you all would like to know that this is the first time I have actually had God speak to me and  it gave me a lot of  answers after all that has gone on in my life that He is still there even though I am still struggling to come back to him.

Enjoy the final hours of your weekend!

~Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated before they are posted. Please allow up to 72 hours before your comments are posted.